Daintree Day Tour
Daintree Pensioner (Aust cards only)
Additional Child after family of 4
6.50am – 7.15am Cairns CBD pick ups, 7:20am Northern Beachs pick ups, 8:20am Port Douglas.
- Enjoy magnificent scenic coastal route along the Captain Cook Highway learning about the history of the area and admiring spectacular views of the coast line and the Azure waters of the Coral Sea.
- Our first stop is at the Majestic Daintree River for Morning Tea (Tea, Coffee & Biscuits) before enjoying an informative guided River Cruise on the Daintree River. Relax and enjoy the splendour only the Daintree can offer as you learn of Estuarine Crocodiles, mangrove forests and endemic wildlife, this is nature at its best
- We make our way up over the Alexandra Range and pause for a panoramic view of World Heritage, Wet Tropics, and Tropical Rainforest merging with the Coral Sea
- Your experienced guide will take you on a wonderful journey through this ancient rainforest whilst giving you an interpretations of flora and fauna and you will have ample time for photographs and questions as we search for the elusive, rare and totally unique Southern Cassowary and other wildlife species within this particular habitat
- Next stop at Lync Haven which is an animal refuge centre where you have the opportunity to hand feed a kangaroo get up close to some of Australia’s wildlife, see “Boris” the crocodile, (if not mating season) and enjoy delicious gourmet barbecue lunch with freshly prepared salads in a beautiful rainforest setting restaurant, (we also cater for vegetarians and other dietary requirements upon notification) enjoy a cold drink from the bar
- Then beyond the famous Daintree Tea Plantation, past spectacular mountains and through spectacular World Heritage Rainforest as we pass Cape Tribulation and continue along the 4WD Bloomfield Track through to pristine Emmagen Creek. Billy Tea Safaris is the only tour operator that goes to this secret Jewel in the Rainforest, and now it is time for a refreshing rainforest stream swim, in crystal clear freshwaters and without the crowds of people
- We enjoy sample a cup of traditional Billy Tea, made in a traditional Australian Billy, all of which enhance the tranquil surroundings. You can also enjoy a wonderful refreshing fresh water swim here in crystal clear waters
- Cape Tribulation Beach after most of the crowds are gone, there is a little time to swim in the Coral Sea (seasonal) or stroll along the beach and boardwalk to the photographers' platform
- Time permitting we stop at Daintree’s hidden secret, the Daintree Ice Cream Factory. Your taste buds will be tantalised with exotic tropical fruit home made ice cream. Sample unique flavours, such as Black Sapote, Soursop, Wattle Seed, Jackfruit, and Coconut just to name a few. All the fruits used to make the ice cream have been locally grown on the property and for $6.00 you can taste up to four different flavours.(price is subject to change without notice)
5:30pm return to Port Douglas, 6:00pm return to Northern Beaches, 6:30pm return to Cairns, approximate times only.
Included in rate
All inclusive tour
* All rates are valid 01 Apr 2014 - 31 Mar 2015. Child rate is 0 - 14.
* Family rate is 2 Adults + 2 Children
* Will provide Baby Seats and Booster Seats, please advise upon booking
*All tours are subject to operators own Terms and Conditions